Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Paramount debuted six posters for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Paramount Pictures has debuted six new character posters for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, coming to theaters on August 7. Directed by Stephen Sommers, the action-adventure stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

Thoughts:
Posters look pretty cool, but kind of reminds me of the X-Men films. With an impressive cast like that, I hope the movie turns out good. Director Stephen Sommers knows how to make fun popcorn movies so I'm not too worried.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look cool, for me it all just look like "The Matrix" which also showing half face character posters.

Farzan said...

yeah, I totally forgot about those Matrix teaser posters

Fletch said...

I took part in a focus group on this summer's movies not too long ago and they showed us a series of posters from G.I. Joe. They weren't these, but they were similar.

The overwhelming opinion - the film's look is generic, boring, turns women off, they stripped all the character out of the characters, etc.

Not too good. Though I'm sure it'll still be a hit, out of curiousity's sake more than anything else.