Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Warner Bros. Thinking Of A Lego Movie?


Warner Bros. is toying with plans to develop a movie around Lego and its popular building blocks.

Scribes Dan and Kevin Hageman are penning the script for the family comedy that will mix live action and animation. Warners is keeping the plot tightly under wraps, but it's described as an action adventure set in a Lego world.

Dan Lin, who is shepherding Warner Bros.' "Sherlock Holmes" and exec produced the studio's upcoming family film "Shorts," will produce the movie through his Lin Pictures.

Roy Lee will produce through his Vertigo banner, while Jill Wilfert, VP of licensing and entertainment at Lego, will oversee the pic for the toymaker.

Thoughts:
This is by far the dumbest idea I have heard in sometime now. Hollywood has sure run out of ideas and is looking into toys for film adaptations. How in the blue hell are you going to make a movie about Lego? I mean I'm still trying to wrap my brains around the idea of Ridley Scott doing a Monopoly movie.

2 comments:

Fletch said...

"This is by far the dumbest idea I have heard in sometime now."

I swear you or I or both of us said that about some movie idea just a few months ago. What was it for? Where's Waldo, maybe?

I think my ability to be surprised to Hollywood movie ideas is all but gone. Wanna make a movie about Battleship? Whatever. Charmin toilet paper? Sure, go for it. Lint vs. Pet Dander? $200 million in your future.

Farzan said...

LOL, you definitely got a point their Fletch. Its like were hearing bad ideas for feature films everyday now. I'm more interested in that Waldo movie though since its going to have to be really good for me to even consider paying to see it. I'm almost certain that a movie based on Charmin toilet paper will happen judging by the recent amount crap were getting from Hollywood.