Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Sony Announces Shadow of the Colossus The Movie


Sony will adapt the popular PlayStation 2 title "Shadow of the Colossus" into a bigscreen actioner, with Justin Marks penning the screenplay and Kevin Misher in negotiations to produce.

"Colossus," which bowed exclusively on the PlayStation 2 in 2005, revolves around a man named Wander who must travel across a cursed wasteland and defeat 16 creatures, known as the colossi, in order to restore the life of a girl.

Project, which proved a big seller for PlayStation 2 and was produced internally by Sony Computer Entertainment, will build upon the videogame's fantasy setting of a solitary world with few characters other than the 16 enemies.

Misher will produce through his Misher Films shingle.

Thoughts:
I'll admit that I haven't played the game, but I have heard great things about it. The movie looks to be epic and I'm sure it will be. I cant wait to see what the films going to be like. With no release date on the horizon, it might be awhile and I mean a long while before we see this hit theaters.

1 comment:

Cruiz said...

I don't know if it's a good idea as most of the game involves the idea of isolation. The only time there is ever any talking is when the main character is being presented his next Colossus to destroy.

It's very much a game atmosphere... I honestly can't see the emotion coming through, or even the action sequences even working.