Wednesday, May 27, 2009

International Poster For G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra


Empire magazine has debuted a new international poster for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, coming to theaters on August 7. Directed by Stephen Sommers, the action-adventure stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. JOE team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos.

Thoughts:
Poster looks pretty average and nothing about it really jumps at you. I still think this film is going to bomb. I mean just look at the cast and you will see how un-even it looks. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to be able to take Marlon Wayan seriously considering the amount of bad comedy flicks hes been doing. Channing Tatum has yet to impress me with his acting. Sienna Miller hasn't been in a good movie for awhile now. Not to mention how poorly the special effects looked from the latest trailer I saw. I hope I'm wrong and the film manages to be a sleeper hit kind of like Star Trek, but so far it doesn't look like it.

No comments: