Thursday, March 12, 2009

First Look at Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland


Disney has launched its new magazine, Disney twenty-three, this week and included is a preview of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, coming to theaters on March 5, 2010. Posters at The Tim Burton Collective have scanned the article which features a new photo and concept art from the film, starring Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Sheen, Mia Wasikowska, Matt Lucas, Crispin Glover, Stephen Fry and Alan Rickman.

Thoughts:
Sorry for the weird lining on the pics, but their from a Disney Mag that someone took pics of. I'm not liking the look of Alice, but maybe that's just me judging this film too hard simply due to the fact I loved the Disney animated version. I do like the concept art and I'm sure Depp would make an awesome Mad Hatter. Still, I'm going to see this film simply because I love the novel and I'm very curious to see what a creative director like Tim Burton can do with this mesmerizing tale. I just wish it wasn't coming out next year. March 2010 is so far away and I hope the long wait is worth it.

2 comments:

Jake Hammell said...

Sick of seeing Johnny Depp cast in roles that require him to play a loopy, whacked out character. Yes he can do this, and do it well, but it's the same thing over and over. I want to see someone else for a change.

Fletch said...

You know, I'll see this, but I'm really, really, disappointed with the way Tim Burton's career has gone over the last decade or so. Does he have anything original to say, or is he just going to "re-imagine" classics in his style for years on end? Yes, I like his style (generally), but c'mon man, enough's enough. What's next - Snow White? The Sound of Music?

And I love the original (Disney) Alice.