Thursday, December 04, 2008

Live Action Dragonball Movie Gets a New Title?


20th Century Fox may have extended the title of its upcoming "Dragon Ball" adaptation to Dragonball Evolution. If it's indeed the new title the studio is going with, we should find out for sure soon.

Written and directed by James Wong, the big screen version stars Justin Chatwin, James Marsters, Jamie Chung, Emmy Rossum, Eriko Tamura, Joon Park, Chow Yun-Fat, Texas Battle, Randall Duk Kim and Ernie Hudson.

Opening in theaters on April 8, the film is based on the manga created by Akira Toriyama.

Thoughts:
This film has disaster written all over it. I really like this series and use to watch the animated series on Cartoon Network, but this film looks nothing like that. The characters don't even look remotely right. Even though the film looks like crap, I have a strong feeling its going to perform really good at the box office. Fans are curious to see how this film is going to turn out and its because of this that they will pay to see this train wreck. Me on the other hand, will probably wait for the DVD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Farzan,

This post is not about Dragonball. It is about what went down on my Gran Torino comments board. I'm sorry that had to happen and that crazy guy made a death threat against us. If he continues to harass me, I'm going to file a police report. I have already tried to report it to Blogger, but not much response there.

I'm talking to you here, because I made a policy, after he threatened to kill both you and I that I would not respond to what he had to say, and I deleted all his future posts, because I didn't want to give him a voice on my site after what he said. (I left the death threats up in case I need them for the police.)

Just wanted to let you know that even though the guy changed his screen name from Gabriel Noel to Anonymous, then to fuckyoucunt, then to Death2000, then to eastwoodfan, and then to Jim, it was all the same guy. He is totally crazy and deranged, obviously has some strange obsession with Clint Eastwood, and I am choosing not to engage with him, in the hopes that he will get bored and go away. Obviously, his initial level of anger was completely unsolicited. He's just a crazy person.

I'm sorry it had to involve you. But this has gone beyond the normal levels of hateful things that people say on the internet, to actually being a little dangerous, so it's important that we act cautiously on that post. And not make any more comments on it. There hasn't been any strange activity on my other posts, so I think (and hope) that the rest of the blog is safe from that guy's attention. Feel free to make comments about Gran Torino on one of the more obscure movie posts (like The Boy in the striped pajamas or Waltz with Bashir).

Separately, I hope Clint Eastwood is okay, too, because this is the kind of fan who would show up in his dumpster to tell him he loves him and then shoot him.

Thank you for your kind comments and words of support.

Monique

Farzan said...

Thanks for the update, will do so