Friday, December 05, 2008

Warner Bros. Plans To Re-Release The Dark Knight On Jan. 23


Warner Bros. Pictures is bringing The Dark Knight back for a return engagement in theaters and IMAX on January 23, 2009, giving audiences one more chance to see the film on the big screen. The film will re-open nationwide, it was announced today by Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures President of Domestic Distribution.

In making the announcement, Fellman stated, "'The Dark Knight' is a crowning achievement in every sense of the word. We wanted to provide one more opportunity for moviegoers to experience it on the big screen as it was meant to be seen."

Thoughts:
Personally, I think this is unnecessary and just makes it look like Warner Bros. is just milking this film as much as possible. I would have seen my Blu Ray copy of the film numerous times before this January re-release. Still, I guess this gives those hardcore TDK fans something to do right? Here's my review of The Dark Knight which I reviewed early this July.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A re-release already? Aren't re-releases usually done years after the original release? I mean hell TDK was just out of the major theaters here in Salt Lake in early early November. Not necessary at all.

Anonymous said...

I think the re-release is to coincide with the Oscar nomination that Heath Ledger is sure going to get.

Besides, I've seen The Dark Knight in IMAX and it's truly impressive. If you haven't seen it, you MUST GO see it in IMAX.

Anonymous said...

Dang, the anonymous posting was mine. I hate this Blogspot UI for comments.