Monday, December 08, 2008

Will Smith Discusses I AM LEGEND Prequel


So when I got to ask my question, I asked if “I am Legend” was a sequel or prequel and I also asked Will what excited him about returning to the character. Here’s what he said:

Collider: Speaking of Robert Neville and I am Legend, there has been a lot talk about you possibly doing a prequel or sequel to that film. Could you tell us what it is and what excites you about going back to that character?


Will Smith: We have a fantastic prequel idea…we’re still trying to work through a couple of bumps in the story. It’s essentially the fall of the last city – the last stand of Manhattan. The movie would be…within the body of the movie D.C. and then Manhattan would fall as the last city. It’s a really cool idea trying to figure it out…there’s a reason why we have to take a small band and we have to get into D.C. So we have to make our way from New York to D.C. and then back to New York.

Question: Will the dog be back in it?

Will Smith: Yes, the dog will be a puppy.

Thoughts:
Not sure how this will work, but I guess were going to have to find out. I thought I AM LEGEND was a fun movie and I'm interested to see how this would work considering the story would be pretty predictable if its a prequel.

No comments: